Get in touch
We at the office of G. Emerson Dickman III, Esq. know how important the decisions are regarding your child's welfare. Protecting child's rights and supporting families to find has been our priority for over 40 years. Reach out and let us help you.
G. Emerson Dickman III, Esq.
Emerson specializes in special education advocacy, special needs estate planning, and learning disabilities. He's been in practice for over 40 years and has represented families in over 1000 cases. He is past president of the International Dyslexia Association and has won many awards for his work including the Margaret Byrd Rawson Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012.
C.W. Post College
B.S., Engineering, 1965
Rutgers Law School
New Jersey Bar, 1972
U.S. District Court for New Jersey, 1972
New York Bar, 1985
U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986
Current Activities & Affiliations
- IMSLEC, Ethics Committee
- The Center for Development and Learning, Advisory Board
- National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities (NJCLD)
- IDA Standards and Practices Council Task Force
- International Dyslexia Association, New Jersey Branch Advisory Board
- Past-President International Dyslexia Association 2006-2008
Past Activities & Affiliations
- U.S. Army 1966-1969
- Dyslexia Definition Consensus Committee Chair 1994 and 2002, Project Leader
- National Center for Learning Disabilities (NCLD), Professional Advisory Board
- Rehabilitation Specialists, Inc. Board
- International Dyslexia Association, NJ Branch, Board
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) Special Education Steering Committee
- National Joint Committee on Learning Disabilities
- Children's Dyslexia Centers Professional Advisory Council
- Sage Day Transition Advisory Board
Awards & Honors
- The Margaret Byrd Rawson Lifetime Achievement Award, International Dyslexia Assn., 2012
- Outstanding Achievement Award, International Dyslexia Assn., NJ Branch, 2010
- New Grange School Service Award, 2009
- International Dyslexia Assn., Hall of Honor, 2009
- Bergen County Bar Foundation, Community Service Award, 2000
- The Orton Dyslexia Society, NJ Branch, Community Service Award, 1996
- Community Resource Council, Lawyers Committee Award, 1993
- NJ Council for Exceptional Children Division of Early Childhood, Professional Recognition Award, 1993
- NJ Council for Exceptional Children Division of Early Childhood, Parent Recognition Award, 1993
Specializing in probate, .
SETON HALL LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 2003
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND,
College Park, Maryland
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice, 2000
Melanie Ritter takes great pleasure in being able to assist families with their legal needs especially in the areas of special needs planning involving special needs trusts, protective arrangements, guardianships, probate and estate administration.
Melanie is an associate with the Law Offices of G. Emerson Dickman for the past ten years and is a former judicial law clerk to the Honorable Judge Marguerite Simon and Judge Peter Doyne in the Chancery and Probate Divisions of the Bergen County Superior Court.
Melanie graduated University of Maryland-College Park, where she received a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Melanie received her law degree from Seton Hall Law School where she was a president of the Student Honor Council.
Melanie is a member of Congregation Beth Israel in Scotch Plains and is a member of the JCC of Central New Jersey for eight years.
Melanie can be reached by email at email@example.com or via telephone at 201-909-0404.
• New Jersey, New York
Focusing on ...
Activities & Affiliations
• ABCD Bar Association, Member
• New York, California
B.A., Art History, 1999
Justine has managed the law offices of G. Emerson Dickman III, Esq. for over 20 years.